Monday, February 29, 2016

[Filipino Food] Newly renovated resto&bar or pub, 8.88







Hi !


Last week i visited 8.88 resto&bar with my friends and had some marienda ("snack" in filipino). This place is divided into two areas for karaoke bar and a retaurant. I had marienda in the karaoke bar area. The space was bigger than i thought outside the door and there was a wide bar at one corner and a dart playing area at another corner. The interior seemed conceptualize american style pub. They serve more of simple snacks for drinks. I think it's a perfect place to sit back and have some chilling time with friends and a bottle of cold beer after work.
🍺🍹🍻🍢


8.88 : 
It is a resto&bar or a pub.
Located in Vigan city, Philippines. (Im sorry. i dont know its specific address)
If you expect to have a proper meal, move to the other room on the right side. You can also have a cafe menu there.



πŸ”Ί This is Pancit canton. Most popular dish for marienda  among Filipinos. It tasted like an ordinary pancit canton that you can find in any restaurants.πŸ‘

Thia is Bacon and shrimp penne pasta. This was my order. It was the worst pasta i've ever tasted in my life. I dont know what the hell the chef added in the sauce, but it was too sweet as if it was served as a desert. very very super ultra disappointing taste it was.

This is Mushroom and bacon spaghetti with white sauce. This one was sweet too. I love pasta so much. I have some pasta recipe books and sometimes cook myself at home, but i 've never heard of a sweet pasta dish. I guess the pasta dishes here are more like a fusion dish that is an american dish cooked in a Filipinos style. The chef must have considered the favorite taste or flavor of Filipinos which is sweetness i guess, since the dominant customers coming to this restaurant are Filipinos.


My score :

♡♡♡

Pasta dish was not a good choice.  Next time i'll try beer and some dried snacks.









No comments:

Post a Comment